Stop ex-husband from harrassing me




My ex-husband always fabricates false information about me both orally and on paper. for years I have just ignored it but i no longer have the tolerance for this behavior. He recently filed a motion telling the judge i am refusing to send our son to visist him over spring break if he will not send me some extra cash. First of all it is not documented in the orders that I have to send out son to visit during this time, however I think it is healthly to have both parents involved so i will allow our son to visit his father, my ex has been told by me that this would be great and i will make sure his son is there to see him. I have never asked my ex-husband for money in exchange for the kids or anything, this claim he made to the court is a lie. Claim I file a claim for perjury? Can I file a claim asking him to stop harrassing me and falsly accussing me etc. etc.

Related Blogs & Websites

    Tags: , , , , , , , ,

    In: Common Questions Asked By: [2 Grey Star Level]
    Answer #1

    Rate this Answer: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

    Looks like you have gone through enough. If you think you have all evidences, witnesses, documents, etc. to support your story then you can file a restraining or protective order to stop your ex-husband from harassing and defaming you any further and/or file perjury charges in the existing case. Also, since you mentioned your ex-husband files some motion recently, you can file an opposition to that motion if it’s regarding the same matter. There are many legal options available, depending on your jurisdiction/state and details of your issue. But it is important to stop the harassment as soon as possible so you and your son can lead a better life.

    Though Courts encourage ex-spouses to talk it out, come to an agreement and resolve the issue like adults, practically speaking often this doesn’t work. Make sure you don’t take the law into your own hands or threaten your harassing ex-husband while resolving. Start documenting all the things your ex-husband does, and get a temporary restraining or protective order to stop your ex-husband from harassing and defaming you. That way, if he comes after you after an order of protection is put in place then he can be arrested and sent to jail. Having witnesses to testify the harassment and evidences like police reports is always better. You can also ask for supervised visitation by the ex-husband for your son.

    Perjury is a serious offense and leads to even more serious consequences. To be convicted of perjury one must prove two things. (1) It is necessary to prove that the defendant provided a false claim or statement under oath. This means that despite having sworn to tell the truth, the person still provided false information. (2) It must be proven that the defendant deliberately provided false information. In court hearings, this becomes of utmost importance especially when the false information provided was crucial material evidence. Remember you will be required to identify the specific testimony alleged to be false statements and the evidence to establish perjury. Also, small perjury isn’t prosecuted that often unless the perjury was such, that it could affect the outcome of the case.

    Above all, think carefully about the safety and well being of yourself and your son and act accordingly. Good Luck!

    Answers Answered By: ProSePro [6135 Red Star Level]

    Answer this Question

    You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

    Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

    Star Points Scale

    Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

    Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
    Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
    Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
    Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
    Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
    Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]